Friday, September 9, 2011

This Tony Atlas Interview Is “The Drizzling Shits”!!!


Now before you think I’m going on a Tony Atlas bash today, let me just say that I have a great deal of respect for him. He’s a genuine and humble individual who fell on tremendously hard times as an individual who couldn’t handle the speed at which he was hit with fame. I get it and sympathize with it. But here’s the flip side of the coin….

What if one day, Tony got in the ring with an opponent who went into business for himself. They no sold all his moves, they stole his heat and comebacks, and pretty much did what was best for them in a moment that allowed them both to shine. I’m sure Tony would be pretty pissed off about the situation. Here he is, a professional wrestler, going into the ring to work with his partner for the moment and rather than putting together a product that would benefit them both, his opponent gives him enough to get by and takes the liberties of making the moment all about him and whatever he had on his mind. Sound unprofessional?….Thank you!

So I ran into Tony and did hm the solid of shooting some video of women walking all over his face. I later asked, “Hey Tony, you mind if we shoot a short interview with you? It might be good to push your book and let the people know what you’ve been up to since being released by the WWE”. Tony thought it was a great idea. But great for who?

So I take some time to do MY JOB and write up some well thought out questions that I thought my DieHard Wrestling fans would like to hear answers to. Once the camera starts rolling – Tony went into business for himself and did nothing but push his book. Now I’m kool and the gang with him getting a cheap plug – but when I ask you a question, every answer can’t be “Buy my book….Inside my book… on page 3,076 of my book….my book, my book, my book”.

You can imagine how pissed I must have been when I watched the footage in my editing room. I thought to myself, “What the f*ck am I supposed to do with this?”. Then it hit me – do what Tony did! Go into business for YOURSELF!

So this video is a result of me trying to do my job as a broadcast journalist, Tony going into business for himself and me cashing in my receipt in the editing room. Don;t forget to LIKE, SHARE and COMMENT.

No comments:

Post a Comment